Analytics are meant to bring you the stats of a race, and this Analytics report breaks down the Pro, Pro 2, Pro 2 Lites and Women Pro classes from the WORCS race at Cahuilla Creek. If you have any recommendations for stats you would like to see in the future, feel free to leave your ideas in the comments below.
Race Winner: Taylor Robert
Saturday Top 3: Taylor Robert, Timmy Weigand, Robby Bell
Sunday Top 3: Taylor Robert, Josh Strang, Timmy Weigand
Overall Podium: 1) Taylor Robert 2) Timmy Weigand 3) Robby Bell
Most Laps Led: Taylor Robert (16/18)
- Taking the holeshot Saturday, Josh Strang had a promising start. But on lap one- Strang crashed in the rock section and was seemingly knocked off his pace for the remainder of the race.
- Bobby Garrison tied up with another racer on Saturday and struggled to regain his position, settling for 5th.
- Sunday was a stronger day all around, and proved to be different for Strang as he recollected himself and took 2nd overall behind Taylor Robert.
- On Saturday: Timmy Weigand pressured Taylor Robert by taking the lead off the start, but Robert has always been one to feed off pressure.
- Taking Saturday's win, all Robert had to do was finish on Sunday.
- Stormy weather had a heavy presence in the hills of Cahuilla and the WORCS crew kept their eyes on the sky to play off the storm.
- On Sunday the storm brought an abundance of rain, and Robert was pumped and anxious to capture his first WORCS Pro Championship. Around the first turn witht he holeshot, Robert checked out and finalized his #1 plate.
Podium Manufacturers: Kawasaki, Honda, Kawasaki
2011 Winner: Mike Brown
2011 Podium: Mike Brown, Kurt Caselli, Ricky Dietrich
Fastest Lap: Taylor Robert 08:49:056
2012 points Standings: Taylor Robert wins the Championship with 406 points, Bobby Garrison 335, Robby Bell 293
Pro 2 Class
Race Winner: Justin Jones
Podium: 1) Justin Jones 2) Ivan Ramirez 3) Justin Seeds
Most Laps Led: Justin Jones (10/10)
Major Crashes: N/A
- Justin Jones shined yet again in the series. From the holeshot to the win, Jones impressively lead the pack from start to finish.
- Teammates Ivan Ramirez and Travis Coy battled each other mid-race for three laps for the 3rd position, before Ramirez came out on top and Coy moved back into 5th. Ramirez eventually moved into 2nd, keeping his points lead.
- Top contender Cory Graffunder was MIA this round but will be back for the finale.
- Although Jones took the win, Ramirez still holds the lead for the championship over Cory Graffunder and Justin Seeds.
Podium Manufacturers: Honda, KTM, Kawasaki
2011 Winner: Cory Graffunder
2011 Podium: Cory Graffunder, Justin Seeds, Cody Schafer
Fastest Lap: Justin Jones 09:10:114
Winner's Total Time: 01:37:09
2012 points Standings: Ivan Ramirez 201, Cory Graffunder 172, Justin Seeds 164
Pro 2 Lites
Race Winner: Evan Kelly
Podium: 1) Evan Kelly 2) Eric Yorba 3) Ty Tremaine
Most Laps Led: Evan Kelly (10/10)
Major Crashes: N/A
- Another exciting race came out of the Pro 2 Lites class when Evan Kelly, Eric Yorba and Ty Tremaine came together. Nearly from start to finish, the boys held the top 3 positions without mistake.
- Evan Kelly and Eric Yorba now sit just one point away from eachother in the hunt for 2nd and 3rd in the championship.
- Class points leader Brandon Leith didn't perform as expected coming in 8th on lap one and moving up only 2 positions before the checkers.
Podium Manufacturers: Yamaha, KTM, Yamaha
2011 Winner: Steve Gibson
2011 Podium: Steve Gibson, Ty Tremaine, John Achey
Fastest Lap: Eric Yorba 09:28:754
Winner's Total Time: 01:39:17
2012 points Standings: Brandon Leith 174, Evan Kelly 163, Eric Yorba 162
Race Winner: Tatum Sik
Podium: 1) Tatum Sik 2) Kacy Martinez 3) Nicole Madsen
Most Laps Led: Tatum Sik (7/7)
Major Crashes: N/A
- On Saturday the lightening was looking fierce enough to shut down the Women's race. Luckily they decided not to red flag the race and Tatum Sik pressed on. 2011 Champion Kacy Martinez kept on Sik for a wheel-to-wheel finish in 2nd.
- With just one race to go, the girls currently sit just 10 points from each other for the Championship.
Podium Manufacturers: Honda, KTM, Suzuki
2011 Winner: Jessica Patterson
2011 Podium: Jessica Patterson, Tatum Sik, Elizabeth Bash
Fastest Lap: Tatum Sik 09:29:360
Winner's Total Time: 01:06:52
2012 points Standings: Tatum Sik- 191 Kacy Martinez- 181 Nicole Madsen- 174